vineri, 8 iulie 2022

We Do Not Walk Alone by Mary Stevenson

“One night, a man dreamt that 
he walked along a shore with the Divine Source of all things,
and as they walked, scenes from his life flashed across the sky above them.
Most of the time, he saw two sets of footprints in the sand for each scene,
but many times along the path there was only one set of footprints, often
at the very darkest and saddest times, and the man was greatly troubled.
He turned to the figure beside him and said,
“I looked for you and tried to serve you all my days.
I thought that you would care for me in return, yet now I see
that during the most difficult times of my life, I was alone.
I don’t understand why you would leave me when I needed you most.”
The Divine Intelligence replied, “My precious child, you are always in my heart,
and I would not desert you in your time of trial and difficulty.
When you saw only one set of footprints in the sand,
it was then that I carried you.”




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu